Use this template to prepare a Syndicated Land Mortgage pursuant to an offering memorandum
issued in Alberta.
- The purpose of the offering is to raise capital by way of selling fractional interests in the mortgage to investors.
- The mortgage is given as security for a loan agreement, under which the land developer is borrowing funds to purchase, develop and finance the land.
- All interest on becoming overdue will be treated as principal and will bear compound interest.
- The mortgagor may prepay all or part of the principal at any time when it is not in default, without bonus or penalty.
- The mortgage also contains a section of clauses specifically for condominium mortgages.
The Alberta Syndicated Land Mortgage by Offering Memorandum
is available as a fully editable Microsoft Word template.