Amateur Theater Checklist for Producing and Staging a Play or Musical
Are you involved with an amateur theater company? This production checklist
will walk you through all the steps you need to complete before producing and staging a play or musical, such as:
- finding a suitable project and getting authorization from the copyright holder to perform the play,
- locating and renting a theater venue to stage the production (if you don't already have one),
- drawing up a budget,
- deciding on a director, production designer, stage manager, costume designer, and other necessary personnel,
- arranging for liability insurance,
- auditions, casting, and rehearsals,
- arranging publicity,
- staging the performance(s), and
- looking after post-production details.
This free Amateur Theater Checklist for Producing and Staging a Play or Musical
is provided in MS Word format.
Download: Amateur Theater Checklist for Producing and Staging a Play or Musical
The information and links contained on this web page are intended only to be merely informative and are NOT intended to provide legal advice to any person/entity. Never rely solely on the information contained on this web site or on any third-party web site. Information and/or links may not apply or be appropriate to your situation and/or may be out of date. Any person with a specific legal question or legal problem should always consult with and seek the advice of a qualified lawyer. E.&O.E.
Canadian Law Resources: