If you own or manage commercial rental properties in Australia, lease out your space to tenants with this Retail Premises Lease Agreement
The Agreement includes an option to renew, but if the tenant does not renew and continues to occupy the space after the expiry of the tenancy, the lease becomes month to month. Other provisions of the Lease Agreement include:
- A procedure for Consumer Price Index reviews and market rent reviews.
- The tenant must pay service charges for the premises and a proportionate share of outgoings for the building, as well as any GST payable on the lease or the outgoings.
- The security deposit may be paid by cheque or unconditional bank guarantee.
- The tenant is responsible for maintaining risk, public liability, workers compensation and plate glass insurance.
- The landlord must insure the building for full replacement value.
- The landlord has the right to relocate tenant in the building for purposes of extensive refurbishment or redevelopment.
- Includes a set of Building Rules and Regulations.
This Australia Retail Premises Lease
template is available as a downloadable and fully editable MS Word form. This template is not specific to state or territorial legislation.