Make sure that your wishes are followed in the event that you become physically or mentally incapacitated, with this Representation Agreement Package (Section 9) for the Province of British Columbia.
A Representation Agreement is a combined advance health care directive, personal directive, and living will. It allows you to appoint someone you trust as your representative to make decisions for you in the event you become unable to do so. These decisions include medical care, living conditions, personal, financial and legal matters. It also allows you to give instructions about what types of medical treatment you want or do not want if you have a terminal condition or are in a permanent coma.
This form is referred to as a "Section 9" Agreement, which means that you grant your representative the broad and general powers set out under Section 9 of the Representation Agreement Act. The package contains:
- Representation Agreement with Limited and General Powers,
- Witness Certification, to be signed by each witness,
- Certificate of Representative and Alternate Representative, to be signed by each person you name as your personal representative ⁄ agent,
- Consultation Certificate, to be signed by a lawyer or notary (if required),
- Declaration of Incapacity by Designated Person, and Declaration of Incapacity by Two Physicians.
This British Columbia Representative Agreement Package (Section 9)
is available in MS Word format, and is easy to use and understand.