California mortgage brokers, use this easy template to prepare an Owner's ⁄ Seller's Closing Affidavit
in order to obtain title insurance for a real estate purchase and sale transaction.
The Affidavit contains statements sworn by the owner ⁄ seller regarding:
- the seller's ownership of the property and marital status,
- any liens against the property,
- improvements ordered or contracted for within the last 60 days,
- local improvements done or to be done in the neighborhood by municipal or government authorities,
- structural defects,
- location of utilities,
- violations of any restrictions affecting the property, or any disputes with neighboring owners,
- any lawsuits pending against the seller,
- any bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings against the seller,
- the seller's acknowledgment that the statements will be relied upon by the mortgagee and the title insurance company.
This California Owner's ⁄ Seller's Closing Affidavit
template is available as a downloadable and fully editable MS Word document.