Have you and your spouse decided to separate? Put the terms of the separation in writing with this Separation Agreement for Canada.
Provisions of the Agreement include:
- arrangements for custody of and access to the children of the marriage (if any);
- the amount of spousal support and child maintenance to be paid by one spouse to the other (if any);
- payment of joint debts and assumption of individual debts;
- division of property jointly owned by both spouses;
- ownership of separate property;
- possession and/or disposition of the matrimonial home;
- list of each spouse's assets and liabilities;
- also includes an Affidavit of Execution form (to be sworn by a witness), a Certificate of Independent Legal Advice or an Acknowledgement and Waiver of Independent Legal Advice (whichever is appropriate).
This Canada Separation Agreement
template is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to suit your needs.