Canadian employers, distribute this Guide to Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS)
to your employees, to ensure that they are familiar with hazardous chemicals and materials which they may come in contact with at work.
WHMIS is a system designed to ensure that workers are informed and prepared in order to work safely with hazardous materials in the workplace. This guide includes a number of topics including:
- 7 Rules of Chemical Safety,
- the short-term and long-term harmful effects of chemicals on the body,
- elements of material safety data sheets (MSDS),
- how to identify WHMIS labels and symbols,
- what is required of suppliers and employers to comply with the WHMIS system and the law.
This Canada Guide to Workplace Hazardous Material Information System
is provided in PDF format.