Prepare a Certificate of Authorship with respect to an original screenplay
with this ready-made template.
The writer of the screenplay certifies that:
- the screenplay was written as a work made for hire, commissioned by the producer under an employment agreement with the writer, and that the producer is deemed the author of the work;
- the work is original and not in the public domain, has not been adapted and does not violate or infringe upon any other person’s statutory or common law rights;
- the producer owns all right and title to the screenplay, and has the right to make any changes to the material, and the writer waives all moral rights (”droit moral”);
- the writer will not make any claims or demands against any assignee or successor in interest of the producer;
- the writer will have no right to rescind the employment agreement or enjoin or restrain the distribution or exploitation of any motion picture or other material based on the screenplay.
This Certificate of Authorship of Screenplay
template is available as a downloadable and fully editable MS Word document.