If your company is preparing a Shareholder Agreement to protect the interests of the shareholders and the company, there are a number of issues you need to consider. This Shareholder Agreement Checklist
will walk you through those issues and help you gather the information you require.
The Checklist contains sections dealing with the following:
- The share capital of the corporation.
- Composition of the board of directors, and whether a director must be a shareholder or nominee, or whether to allow outside directors.
- Any powers of the board which are reserved to the shareholders.
- How vacancies on the board will be filled.
- Unanimity of votes required for certain issues.
- The corporation's dividend policy.
- Circumstances when additional shareholder capital may be required.
- Procedures for issuing new shares and transferring existing shares.
- Buy-sell provisions.
This Shareholder Agreement Checklist
form is provided in MS Word format and is easy to download and use.