USA lawyers, if you plan to go into partnership with other legal practitioners, use this template to draw up a Lawyer Partnership Agreement
among the partners.
- Partners will not receive a salary for services rendered. Instead they will each have a drawing account from which they can make withdrawals in amounts agreed upon between the partners. Withdrawals will be charged against a partner's respective share of the profits.
- All partners will participate in management, and no partner will engage in any other business without the consent of the other partners.
- If a partner withdraws, he/she is entitled to take all files pertaining to clients whose affairs he/she has personally conducted, unless the client requests otherwise.
- Procedure for determining the value of a partner's interest upon death, retirement or withdrawal from the partnership.
- The surviving partners have the right to continue using the name of a deceased or retired partner in the partnership name.
This USA Lawyer Partnership Agreement
is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your particular circumstances.