Alberta Farmout Agreement
Prepare a Farmout Agreement for oil and gas properties in Alberta with this template document.
- The farmor will commence drilling of the test well at its sole cost and risk. The farmee will then continue drilling to the contract depth, log and test, and either complete, equip or abandon the test well in accordance with the agreement.
- If the interest of a party becomes encumbered, such encumbrance will be charged to and paid by that party.
- The farmee will reimburse the farmor on a per diem basis for rentals and penalties payable under the title document.
- The farmee's earned interest in the farmout lands is calculated as 100% of the farmor's interest in the producing zones, and 50% of the remainder of the lands.
- Rights and remedies of each party in the event of default.
This Alberta Farmout Agreement
is available in MS Word format.
Download: Alberta Farmout Agreement
The information and links contained on this web page are intended only to be merely informative and are NOT intended to provide legal advice to any person/entity. Never rely solely on the information contained on this web site or on any third-party web site. Information and/or links may not apply or be appropriate to your situation and/or may be out of date. Any person with a specific legal question or legal problem should always consult with and seek the advice of a qualified lawyer. E.&O.E.
Canadian Law Resources: