Alberta landlords, rent out a house, apartment, or basement suite to a tenant with this Fixed Term Residential Tenancy Agreement.
This lease is for a fixed term (a period of time specified in the Agreement such as 6 months, 1 year, etc.) and is written in accordance with the provincial Residential Tenancies Act. The Tenancy Agreement contains standard provisions such as:
- payment and disposition of the security deposit;
- the tenant's obligations to maintain and protect the premises from damage and not permit illegal or dangerous activities;
- the landlord's obligation to allow the tenant quiet possession when not in default;
- termination of the lease by either party;
- rental increases;
- tenant improvements;
- the tenancy reverts to a month to month tenancy if the lease is not renewed at the end of the initial term.
The file includes a Premises Inspection Report
to be completed at the beginning and end of the tenancy, and a Receipt for Rent
LANDLORDS TAKE NOTE: This lease CANNOT be used to rent a mobile home site, vacation property, or living quarters in a landlord's residence.
This Alberta Fixed Term Residential Tenancy Agreement
is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to meet your needs.