Australian employers, if you must disclose sensitive confidential information to certain employees as a requirement of their job performance, protect that information from disclosure by having the employees sign this Employee Confidentiality Agreement and Proprietary Rights Assignment.
- This form of Agreement is particularly applicable for companies involved in areas of research and development.
- The employee agrees to keep all of the employer's confidential and proprietary information confidential.
- Any inventions, discoveries, improvements or products developed by the employee coming within the scope of the employer's business during the course of employment are the property of the employer, and the employee assigns all right and interest in such inventions to the employer.
- The employee agrees to indemnify the employer against all claims or damages arising out of a breach or misrepresentation by the employee.
- The employer's remedies against the employee shall include injunctive relief.
- The employee covenants not to compete with the business of the employer, and not to hire or solicit any of the employer's staff during the course of employment and for a period of 3 years thereafter.
This Australia Employee Confidentiality Agreement and Proprietary Rights Assignment
is available in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your specific circumstances.