Are you in discussions to buy the assets of a Canadian business? Put your offer in writing with this Canada Letter of Intent to Purchase Assets and Shares but Not Debt
of the business.
- The letter of intent is not a legal contract and is not legally binding, except as it relates to the negotiations between the parties.
- The purchase will not include cash on hand and accounts receivable.
- The buyer will not assume the liabilities or obligations of the business.
- All pre-closing debts are to be paid by the seller.
- The seller will be responsible for preparing and filing the closing income tax return and for terminating all employees.
- The buyer will make employment offers to the employees after the Closing.
This Canada Letter of Intent to Purchase Assets and Shares but Not Debt
template is available in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your particular circumstances.