Canadian record producers, prepare a Recording Contract
for a musical artist with this template form for Canada.
- The Agreement sets out the terms on which the record company will undertake production and distribution of a master recorded by the artist.
- All expenses will be paid by the record company and reimbursed from gross income from sales of the record.
- Both parties share artistic control.
- The record company will provide session musicians as needed.
- The artist assigns to the record company all right and title in the recording, with an option to purchase the rights back.
- The artist agrees to actively promote the recording through live appearances and performances of material contained on the record.
This Canada Recording Contract
template is provided in MS Word format. The form is downloadable and fully editable.