Canadian software distributors, use this ready-made 8-page template to prepare a Software Sublicence Agreement
for resellers and other parties who require a licence in order to use, sell or distribute the software.
- The distributor (sublicensor) grants a royalty-free, nonexclusive non-transferable sublicence to the reseller (sublicensee) to allow the reseller the use of the licensed program on designated computer equipment and backup machines.
- Copying of the software is not allowed. Additional sublicences must be obtained for additional copies.
- The reseller is not purchasing the software, and is only being granted a licence to use the program.
- The distributor warrants that the software is owned by the developer of the program, and that it does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- The distributor indemnifies the reseller against any third party copyright claims.
- The form includes an undertaking by the owner of the software to grant a license to the reseller if the sublicence is terminated for any reason.
This Canada Software Sublicence Agreement
template is provided in MS Word format and is easy to download and use.