Use this template to prepare a Takeover Bid Offer
to purchase the securities of a publicly owned Canadian corporation.
- The purchaser reserves the right not to proceed if the offer is not accepted by sufficient security holders to represent a majority of the common shares of the corporation.
- The purchaser is not obligated to proceed if any undisclosed action results in a material change to the corporation.
- The terms of the takeover offer are for cash.
- If the purchaser acquires at least 90% of the outstanding securities, it will use any available statutory right of acquisition to acquire the remainder.
- Alternatively, it will propose an amalgamation or merger of the corporation with one of its affiliates, with the end result being that the corporation would no longer have any publicly held shares or securities convertible into shares.
This Canada Takeover Bid Offer to Purchase Securities
template is available in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your business needs.