Ontario landlords, are you planning to rent a room in your home to a boarder ⁄ tenant? Use this easy template to prepare a Rooming Agreement to Rent Single Room
setting out the terms of the rental.
The rental can be either for a fixed term (such as a school semester), or month to month. Provisions of the Agreement include:
- rules governing the use and maintenance of common areas;
- the tenant's responsibility for paying a portion of utilities;
- use of the house phone;
- payment of late charges;
- the tenant's responsibilities for keeping the room in order and paying for damages;
- the landlord's right to enter the room in certain circumstances;
- termination of the agreement.
This Ontario Rooming Agreement to Rent Single Room
is provided in MS Word format, and is fully editable to fit your circumstances.