Australian software distributors, use this ready-made 8-page template to prepare a Software Sublicence Agreement
for resellers and other parties who require a licence in order to use, sell or distribute the software.
- The distributor (sublicensor) grants a royalty-free, nonexclusive non-transferable sublicence to the reseller (sublicensee) to allow the reseller the use of the licensed program on designated computer equipment and backup machines.
- Copying of the software is not allowed. Additional sublicences must be obtained for additional copies.
- The reseller is not purchasing the software, and is only being granted a licence to use the program.
- The distributor warrants that the software is owned by the developer of the program, and that it does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- The distributor indemnifies the reseller against any third party copyright claims.
- The form includes an undertaking by the owner of the software to grant a license to the reseller if the sublicence is terminated for any reason.
This Australia Software Sublicence Agreement
is provided in MS Word format and is easy to download and use.