Canadian land developers, use this template to draw up a Restrictive Covenant on Subdivision Lots,
to be registered on the title for all residential lots in a subdivision, setting out certain restrictions on the use, development and appearance of the lots.
- Development is restricted to one detached single family dwelling on each lot, and accessory buildings such as garages, sheds, etc.
- Mobile homes and modular structures are not allowed.
- No building may be moved onto a lot, and all buildings must be constructed on site, from new materials.
- The developer must give approval for all buildings, fences, and other structures.
- The restrictive covenant runs with the land, and the rights of the developer under the covenant will transfer to the new owners of the subdivision lots as they are developed and sold.
This Canada Restrictive Covenant on Subdivision Lots
template is available in MS Word format, and can be easily edited to fit your circumstances.